Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not 1 but....



Thank You Lord for blessing my with my fathers. I don't just have one father,I had the privaledge of having 4.

On this father's day I sit back and meditate on the wonderful men who have shaped my life and taught me so much about life.

First, I thank the Lord for my abuelito (grandpa) whom I've called "Papa" since I was 3. This means "father" in spanish. No one told me to call him that, it's the name my heart gave him. He was the only father figure I really had for a while that is until the Lord blessed my mom with a an amazing husband. My grandfather would always say that I was his eyes. He protected me from the world since my mom was a single mom and our culture looked down on her. He even offered my mom to adopt me so I wouldn't be fatherless. What anoble thing to do. You see...my biological father was not in my life at first...we lived with my grandparents. My grandfather was a father to me, he loved me genuinely, we shared so many beautiful moments..moments that are so special to me today because it's all I have left now that he's gone and what I grab onto when I miss him. I smile when I close my eyes and remember him. I thank the Lord so much for allowing me to spend his last days here on earth by his side! I made sure to kiss him lots every single day, morning , noon and night before he died. He died right by my side. I will see him in heaven one very special day! I will never forget the way I felt when you walked me down the isle and gave me away to my beautiful groom! A moment engraved in my heart forever!



The Lord odviously blessed me wih my biological father who I call "Padre". Many don't know him because I didn't grow up with him but he's always been in my life. Due to the circumsatance, him and I don't have that strong bond we could have but when we meet up it's really neat. He hugs me, kisses me and hugs me and kisses me again lol. He is very gentle and I can see myself in him. I know that he'd do anything for me and that he genuinely loves me. I would spend some time with him growing up and as an dult, I've only spent a handful of times with him but it's always sweet.




I want to thank God for bringing into my life a very special person...my "Papi" Jimmy. He took me into his heart at th every young age of 23 when I was only 5 yrs old. The Lord used to speka to me about the importance of knowing Jesus Christ as my Savior. He was the first person to take us to a Christian church and the Lord used him to intoduce me to Christian music which I now love! My dad means the world to me. He may not be my real father but he's earned my love and respect and seeing him love my mom and protect her....makes me love and appreciate him even more! He's worked so hard to provide and to raise us 5 kids in a god-fearing home. Because of what he's done for us, for me, I gave him the honor of marrying us...it was his heartfelt desire. I thank the Lord for blessing my mom with an amazing husband! I couldn't have chosen a better person to stand with me at the altar as I vowed before the Lord to love my groom forever and ever. My dad is someone I look up to because he is a very, very strong man of God!






Last, I want to thank the Lord for my father in law who I call "Dad". He's very fatherly to me. From day one he tells me that I'm a daughter to him. He's always treated me with so much gentleness, we share a love for sweets so I always make a special dessert when my in-laws come visit me or when we go down. He loves it when I try a new dessert...it's an adventure for him to see what I'm going to bring next. He's also a very strong Christian and he never ceases to pray for us! Knowing him means alos being blessed by the love of my love, his son....my husband!!!



Having 4 fathers bring even more sweetness into my life....4 wonderful families whom I love so much! I am so blessed to have four amazing families. They can't even began to imagine how they've blessed my life.

(family from my grandfather)


(family from my biological father)


family from my stepfather)


(father from my father-in-law)



(and there are many, many more members missing in all 4 families..:D)

I am blessed to have had/have these 4 men in my life!!! I am a better person because of them because the Lord has used them in my life to help me become the person I am today!!!

HAPPY FATHER DAY!!!!!

10 comments:

Kelly L said...

What an incredible tribute to the fathers in your life. God bless you and your dads.

Love,
kelly

http://www.amazingsalvation.com

Jess said...

you are very blessed!!!! Loved this post, and so happy that you have such a big family and are close.

Hope you and your hubby had a great day with family...tell your hubby I said Happy Early Father's Day because it's coming soon!!!!

Love, Jess

Tonya said...

Great tribute to all the dads in your life. I bet they are proud of you!

Liz said...

Such sweet words for the men in your life! I got a little teary just reading about your feelings! Loved to see the pictures and the love you have for those in your family. Good to know another military service family! Catch you around the blog world!!!!!

Love, Liz

Lindsey said...

What an amazing post!!

La Familia Garcia said...

That's so cool how you can bring them all together and see the blessings from each one!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Sis,

Great post and tribute. What a blessing you are and I know each of this men must call it great joy to call you 'daughter'. You are a gift to anyone you come in contact with and I know I am so proud of you.

xoxo, Veronica SIS

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

p.s. LOVE the new pics on the side bar. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey... I gave you an award on my blog. :)

Tara said...

what a great tribute! Amazing family you have!