Monday, December 28, 2009
While I sit and meditate about how fast the year is coming to an end I realize that it's been quite an interesting year. Probably one of a kind for me. While many painful tears were shed, much joy was also felt. It's been year the Lord has used to teach me many valuable things such as the importance of taking time to love those around you and never given up on the Lord and His promises. The most beautiful thing is that in the joy and in the pain the Lord was always there and was glorified. I would like to give you a little glimpse of what 2009 has been for me.....
* Had to give up my favorite dog..yes I cried lol
* Tried to fly to Florida for free through the military but plan was cancelled so we purchased last minute tickets....crazy but worth it!
* Witnessed the birth of my beautiful nephew Isaiah..what an amazing experience!
* Flew to Costa Rica with my mom and my husband to help care for my grandfather who was very ill
* Had my birthday party in Costa Rica..last birthday over there was when I turned 8
* My beautiful grandfather died and I was the last person he saw alive
* I am asked to join the Women's Ministry Leadership team and I go on my first retreat with them
* We purchased another dog
* I get a little part time job working for My best friend
* Iris - an amazing friend and woman of God dies
* Rode a horse again..last time was when I was 8 with my grandfather
* Attend women's retreat through church
* Started piano lessons....so much fun!
* Started to blog and love it since then:D
* Had a heart-to-heart with one of my best friends not an easy thing to do but it was God's will
* Had some of the children from the Watoto children's choir stay with us..what a blessing. These are orphans who love the Lord!
* My husband and I go on our first missions trip together to an orphanage in Mexico!
* Found out we had family on both sides close by
* Ministered to my husband's cousin who was bedridden at the hospital through her pregnancy
* My husband gets a motorcycle
* My wonderful aunt Roxana died she was only 55:(
* My youngest brother Jimmy graduates high school
* Get news that my husband is being transferred
* My good friend's baby girl Gabriela Isabelle is born to Ani and Victor
* Josiah Nathaniel is born to Erin and Nathan
* Cassidy is born to Stephanie and Clint
* Start teaching a devotional class at church
* Daniel and Emily are born to Lupita and Daniel
* Go to one of our favorite cities..Monterey, CA and have our candy apple
* Carmelina - another amazing woman of God and great friend dies
* Kathi - a great servant of the Lord dies
* Madison Jane is born to Anne and her husband
* My husband starts getting checked by the urologist
* My cousin Marcela finds out she's pregnant with Paula Roxana!
* Found out my cousin's wife Tatiana is expecting Mathias!
* My beautiful niece Isabella Grace is born to Veronica and Tim
* We're invited to our first 80's prom party....so much fun!
* Found out we were PREGNANT!!!!
* Went to Pismo Beach, CA for the first time and had Splash Mountain Cafe clam chowder for the first time....sooo good!
* My cousin Derrick joins the Army
* My brother in law Mark joins the Army
* Decorated for a 50's event at church
* My grandma arrives in Florida to be with my family
* went camping with our friends from church
* Join MOPS group for the first time..yeah!
* My friends Carla, Marlene, Yamileth, Shey, Anaiz, Petra, Brenda and Mayra find out that they're expecting in 2010!!!!
* Find out my husband's cousin Jackie us expecting her second baby...a boy!
* My husband feels that it's the Lord's will to get out of Army and we decide to move to Florida
* Jaclyn Grace born to Stephanie and husband
* Found our Anna and Corey are expecting Brookelyn Shae
* Become godparents to 4 beautiful children and attend their dedication
* My good friend Jennifer's husband dies
* Had our beautiful babyshower!
* Fly to Orlando we move across the country!
* Get apartment, phones, car and job (husband) all in one week...so blessed!
* We find out we're having a baby GIRL!!!
* Hadassah is born to Natalie and Dan
* Andy is born to Kelly and Noi
* Made the Thanksgiving turkey for the entire family for the first time
* Attend my friend Priscilla's wedding
* My friend Margarita gets engaged and she wants me to the a witness
* My sister and her hubby have their wedding reception and I get to decorate
* My husband registers for college and he's now all ready to go!
*Find out my cousin Gabriel and his wife are expecting their first baby August 2010!
* Have our first 3D Ultrasound!
As you can see...it's been an action packed year and these are just the highlights. Did you noticed all the ladies who had and are having babies??? Incredible! I love it! God has been very active in our lives and even in the midst of our trials..He remained faithful and was glorified! I don't know what all 2010 holds but one thing I do know is that as long as our eyes remain fixed on the Lord...I will always be in His will and He will take good care of us! We look forward to 2010 because we're going to make every effort to make God the center of it and because we will get to hold our baby girl in our arms for the first time in April Lord-willing!!! I hope you had an adventurous 2009 and are now looking forward to 2010 and all it's BLESSINGS!!!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Time for another update on my pregnancy. I am feeling great and I'm loving my belly! "Life" is such a precious miracle..it still blows me away how a little person can be grow inside of me and that soon she's going to be here and be a person capable of making a difference in this world..something that honestly she's doing already because God is being glorified through this miracle! Thanx, my bloggy friends, for taking the time to visit my blog, for your good wishes and your countless prayers! I am def. going to try to blog more. Stay tuned for more....
How far along? 26 weeks today...14 weeks to go!!! We are now in the double digits:D
Total weight gain: 12 lbs
Maternity clothes? My hubby blessed me with more maternity clothes for Christmas...another pair of jeans, a black skirt and a pair of comfy pants...my sis-in-law Veronica gave me an amazing top for Christmas!
Sleep: Huh....things have changed a little since last update in this department. I still get up to empty my bladder but now I get up a second time...hungry..yes..I get up hungry or may I say..Karina's hungry so I can't sleep lol. I've been getting up around 4am to grab a small snack. I think it's cute and preparing for her early feeds... I'm glad I'm adjusting early!
Best moment this week: 3 days ago my husband felt our baby girl move for the first time..he was thrilled. If he hugs me as we sleep and has his arm around my waist she "kicks" or "hi 5's" her daddy:D She also loves every time she hear his voice..it gets me teary cause it's so special! Tomorrow we'll have our 3D ultrasound...can't wait to see her even better!!!
Movement: Oh YES! She's definitely moving alot now. She loves to move at night when I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up. Not sure if she's going to be a morning or night person but something tells me she's gonna be like her daddy..a morning person:D
Gender: Last time we saw her the tech said that she's definitely a girl!!!
Labor Signs: None...I do need to read up on Braxton Hicks so I know when these come around.
Belly Button in or out? It's making it's way out..it cracks me up!
What I miss: prob wearing my fav jeans but that's totally fine because I have my baby girl in my belly and those jeans will be worn again Lord-willing!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm realizing that we should start working on her nursery come Jan. time's gonna fly. I also need to seek God more because I want to be a good example to her. We need to pray and ask God to guide us to the right church so we can get plugged in and give her that foundation from day one!
Milestones: Entering my third and LAST trimester...yeah!!! My husband feeling his baby girl move!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
This is what I saw through my window:
This is my precious pink flower from God in all her beauty:
Friday, December 4, 2009
Louie came out with a present that was unwrapped by someone in the audience and out came something most of us are family with...a Bible. Louie then said that he was holding in his hand the greatest story ever told...the birth of Jesus Christ. I think I speak for most people there that I thought we were going to hear the story we hear every Christmas, the story read in many homes, heard in many churches but boy were we in for quite a surprise!
*He said that after years and years of complete silence after God created the world the people must have thought one of three things....one...God is dead, two..God is mad..or three...Go has nothing else to say. BUT He did have something to say and that was JESUS!
*God broke the silence with a baby's cry. A human flesh and bone like you and I. He also said that God used a baby's cry because He knew that His people were weeping, broken, lonely, hopeless.
* God chose His Son's entrance in a unique way...He could have came in all His glory and might announcing His Son but instead his Son was born in a cold cave, to two lonely people who had been ridiculed by the bizarre story they shared, away from home and from the warmth and support of their family, and on tax day to top it off. Not a good day but God chose this very same day to send His and Only Son!
* Jesus came to hurting world, a world full of issues. We all have them, insecurities, failed marriages, hurtful pasts, addictions, broken relationships, betrayal, rebellious children, infertility, poverty, illnesses, loneliness, depression, doubt, abuse, abandonment, and the list goes on and on. We all have them...we live in a fallen world.
*Jesus came to reconcile, to set free, to mend, to fix, to comfort, to heal, to protect, to revive.
So next time someone says: "what can I do to feel better?" you say MERRY CHRISTMAS! We might think of baby Jesus as an innocent child but He is powerful to save, He is our only hope, the only way or mighty Savior!
If you are hurting please know that the first step is to realize that Christmas is not about the presents, about the tree, the lights, not even about family...it's about Jesus!
*God doesn't say: "Here's my address see if you can find it". He says, "I know your address and I want to move in" AMAZING!!!!
If you don't know this Savior that I'm talking about please let me know and we can pray! If you know Him but "life" has taken you away from Him please know that it's never too late to start over! God is never too busy to answer our cry for help! It breaks my heart to see who we run around "hopeless" when God is just a prayer away. I pray that if there's anything you remember from my post is that MERRY CHRISTMAS = JESUS!!!
While we sang some of the some with Chris Tomlin I was so touched by the lyrics..these are songs we're sung probably 100 times over and over again but if you take the time to really look at the lyrics you realize that these songs were truly inspired by our God and reveal who Jesus is and why He came to us!
For example take... "O Holy Night"