Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just A Little Sad But Very, Very Grateful!!!

These past 3 months have been full of excitement! Every time I wake up I realize that I'm pregnant and I embrace it all over again! God has blessed us beyond measure and having my grandma right by my side during my pregnancy has been so sweet! She's always been like a mother to me. So nurturing, so caring, such a gentle demeanor but especially so loving! She's spent the night several times, played our card game,I even taught her how to play Uno which she enjoyed, we talked about her childhood and my dreams for my baby girl, laughed our socks off:D I've loved tucking her into bed and making sure she feels right at home,I enjoyed her sense of humor, I've given her her insulin shots and meds because I want her to be healthy, she's shared great recipes, we've made tamales, gone for walks, gone out for some ice cream and sometimes...we've just sat and enjoyed a great conversation about life. I was really looking forward to coming to Florida because not only would I see my parents and siblings but I knew my grandma was waiting for us with open arms! She's been staying with my parents here in Orlando, Fl for almost 5 months, she lives in Costa Rica which is where I'm from. You see...we wanted her here for a little while because my grandfather passed in Jan 2009 and she was getting depressed and lonely. The reason why I'm a little sad is because on Jan. 14 she heads back home and it will be hard to see her go. She does has a round trip to come back on May 5 to stay for a little bit...she wants to meet her great grandbaby Karina:D I would love for her to live here permanently but she also has her life back in Costa Rica along with other children whom she misses. I pray that while she's over there, she is taken care of. That she doesn't sleep all by herself in a big empty house like she was and but most important that she feels God's love and protection. I also pray for her health, that she's able to get back on a plane and come see us again. She has diabetes, takes thyroid meds, high cholesterol and has polyps in her colon which cause her a great deal of pain. Regardless of her illnesses, she always keeps a smile on her face..something that amazes me! Even though I'm sad that she's living, I am very grateful because they Lord has blessed us with beautiful moments together. She was here when we found out the sex of our baby..ahhhh the joy on her face was such a beautiful sight! She was here for Thanksgiving, for my sister's wedding reception, for Christmas, New Years, my sister's bridal shower and for my nephew's 1st birthday. My mom would always tell us that we can't have it all in life meaning that we can't be selfish and must be grateful for what we do have. I want to thank the Lord for these amazing 5 months with my grandmother. I will never forget them! Every time I will look back and remember my pregnancy..I will remember these special memories with my grandma. I pray that she's with us for a long time! I've learned to truly make the best of every situation and enjoy every minute of my life! If you can, would you remember my grandma Cecilia in your prayers? I know God will hear them!

Here are a few pictures of the many we took together throughout the 5 months...



Such a beautiful woman!



Having our delicious ice cream!



So happy to have her here for my pregnancy!





She bought Karina a beautiful car seat! She's blessed us so much!





Here she was helping me organize some of Karina's clothes!



I totally love that beautiful smile!



One of our many meals together at our house!



Making her part of my pregnancy has been so special to me!

I LOVE YOU Abuelita...you are my angel!!!! God bless you and protect you always:D You've taught me so much and now I get to teach it to my children. You are a Proverbs 31! Can't wait to have you here again Lord-willing!

10 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

A granddaughter like you is a rare gem. Hope my granddaughters, will be the same.

She is just as blessed to have you as you are to have her.

I love that you had the chance to spend so much time with her.

xoxo,
sis

More Than Words said...

Aw...that was so sweet!! I bet she would be blessed if she read this!!

I'll be praying for her, Susan. The four months she is gone will go by so fast. It will seem like she never left when she comes back in May to visit you and her new great granddaughter!!!

Tammy On the Go said...

what a great gift, I grew up on the mission field with my parents, and never got to know my Grandparents before they died (they also passed young) So I wish I could have had this, I am so happy you had time with her, but I am sad she is so far away.

Kathryn said...

Hi!
Stopping by on your blog, and I saw you were a Christian and a military wife! :) I am a Christian as well, and my husband is in the Air Force. Congrats on your pregnancy as well, my first baby is due in June, two months after yours! :) Have a wonderful day and God Bless!

Tammy On the Go said...

In reference to my post....this is my dear friend from Bible college. We lost connection for a few years, during which she lost the precious little boy. I am so happy to be connected with her now, and she did welcome her son Cash into the world this year, and he is a healthy beautiful little man...

Kathryn said...

Hey, no problem! You are right there are not many Christian Military wives out there, but I have found more through sites like. www.christianmilitarywives.com and www.wivesoffaith.org
It's pretty awesome!

I bet you were really proud of him! My husband has only been in the Air Force a year a half now, but I am very proud of him and glad he is in. I think you can still consider yourself a military wife. I hear once a military wife, always a military wife! :)

Wow 3 years of trying that must have been hard. I am so glad God has given you child!

You mentioned that you were interested in homeschooling, do you have any curriculums you are thinking about using? I majored in Elementary Education at college for 2 and half years. I never finished my teaching degree, because reasons that would take too long to explain, but I would still love to teach my kids! :) Believe it or not I learned a lot while I was there!

I am glad you are able to be a stay at home mom as well. What a blessing it will be I'm sure!

I am glad you added me on facebook, and looking forward to reading more of your blog! :)

Christy said...

I just saw that you were following my military blog, which I rarely update (My Gifts...Among Other Things is my main blog). Congratulations on expecting daughter.

What a blessing that you've had such precious time with your grandmother!

God Bless

Kathryn said...

No problem! I can't wait to post about my ultrasound next week! :)
haha I have had a lot of people tell me things from the way I am carrying. I still have no clue either way and want to wait until the Dr. can tell me for sure! :)

Kristi said...

I hope things are going well...haven't heard from you in a while. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kathryn said...

Aww yeah I know a lot of army people who are stationed in Savannah and love it! I know what you mean about an adventure! That is why I do not want to move back to Florida until after the military, because there are so many places to see and live!! Yeah I have really made the most of living here. It is not bad, I just would not choose here again. But while we are here, might as well enjoy it! :)