Saturday, January 2, 2010
A Walk Down Memory Lane (Survey)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Conceived our beautiful baby girl and went on a mission's trip to an orphanage with my husband!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My one goal is always to get close to God and become more and more the Proverbs 31 I desire to be. It's always work in proccress but that's part of the journey where I see God's hand at work!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! I was blessed with a beautiful nephew Isaiah and niece Isabella. So many wonderful women around me had babies! It was awesome!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandfather whom I miss everyday, my beautiful aunt and two amazing women of God who were very mother like to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
Our baby girl in our arms, more godly wisdom and my brother close by
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 9 the day I witnessed "life"...the birth of my nephew
Jan 19 ..the last day I saw my grandfather alive
July 27 the day we found out we were expecting...what a glorious day!
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Serving/obeying the Lord as we went on our missions trip and we put our complete trust in Him to protect us and provide for us also witnessing a miracle right before my eyes...our pregnancy!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Can't think of a specific one
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A car...we really needed it here in Orlando
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband earned alot of brownie points:D
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most your money go?
Towards the move across the country..God provided every cent!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being pregnant!!!!!! Gives me chills just to relive that moment in time in my mind when I found out I was going to be a mommy!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Shadowfeet by Brooke Frasier and Big Enough by Ayeisha Woods
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b. fatter with my beautiful growing belly
c. richer in blessings
18. What do you wish you'd done more of
read my bible.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
maybe be online so much lol.... but it's hard to stay away from those you love and are miles away
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my amazing family...we were 17 total including family from Houston and my grandma...hadn't spend a Christmas with her since I was 11
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
YES! Every time I spend time alone with my God I fall more in love with Him, With my wonderful husband who never ceases to amaze me and our baby girl Karina Rocio and falling more and more in love with her each day!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
A Baby Story
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No...I don't hate
24. What was the best book you read?
The Bible is my all time favorite especially verses such as Psalm 91 and A Woman After God's Heart...what an amazing book!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Marcela Gandara...her song "Un Viaje Largo" ( A long journey) is a song I dedicate to our baby girl...it always brings me to tears and Samuel Hernandez's song "Aun no se an ido" (they haven't left) a song I dedicated to my grandfather who passed
26. What did you want and get?
my baby, to be closer to my family
27. What did you want and not get?
vacation to Europe but Lord-willing we will go
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had one of the best birthdays ever..it was in Costa Rica, even though my grandfather was about to die, he wanted me to have a birthday party so he gave my grandma money and told her to through me a birthday party. The last bday I had in Costa Rica was my 8th so it was special. Once everyone left, I went and sat right next to my grandfather and told him all about my wonderful birthday. I thanked him for making it happen! The only thing I would have changed is I would have loved to see him get out of bed and join us. But I know that he could hear us and smiled! I also had my husband, my mom, and my godfather all the way from Australia there!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have my grandfather here with us but I know that it was his time to go and now he's pain free and very happy
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Cute yet comfy, layered, more accessories and a variety of eye shadows
32. What kept you sane?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Who did you miss?
My grandfather and my uncle who passed in 2005
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Lisa M. - we are convinced that God brought us together for many reasons. We always seem to be going at it together, we can understand each other on many levels. God sent me an angel through her! One of the sweetest people I know! Miss you amiga!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
When God tells us to "go" we can't look around, we must keep our eyes focused on Him and faithfully obey His calling. We can totally trust Him to protects us and provide. God keeps His promises..He is faithful and full of integrity! Last, to cherish "life" because we can loose it anytime. To live each minute for God!