Monday, August 24, 2009

May God Forgive Us

Blind Eyes Pictures, Images and Photos

A good friend sent me this email a year and 1/2 ago and it brought me to tears..something that doesn't happen often. I've read it over and over again. It's short but very deep. It truly touched me in a special way and made me realize that we can be so self-centered especially here in America. It's all about "me, me, me" such a destructive mentality when it comes to our faith. There is nothing like reading about the true love story of Christ dying on a cold cross for us. This is also a great example of sacrificial love and our tendency to truly love the way God and Jesus commanded us to love. I warn you...get some tissue...I pray this ministers to you as much as it did to me.

*************************************
There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She
hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see
the world, I will marry you.'


One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.


He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The
sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected
that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life
led her to refuse to marry him.


Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her
saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before
they were yours, they were mine.'


This is how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who
was always by their side in the most painful situations.


Life Is a Gift



Today before you say an unkind word -

Think of someone who can't speak.





Before you complain about the taste of your food -

Think of someone who has nothing to eat.





Before you complain about your husband or wife -

Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.





Today before you complain about life -

Think of someone who went too early to heaven.


Before whining about the distance you drive-

Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.


And when you are tired and complain about your job -

Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.


And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.

13 comments:

Kristi said...

Isn't that something?! That is truly something to ponder and inspire one to have their heart in the right place. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

I've read this before too. Isn't it sad how the world thinks sometimes. We're so quick to judge and criticize but instead we should try to look a little deeper. Sometimes those who are first to offer an opinion are the ones really crying out for help :)
Glad everythings going so well for you. Can't wait to hear if your little miracle is a boy or girl ! :)

Anonymous said...

Amen. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Lindsey said...

WOW. Great post, thank you for sharing!!

Tammy On the Go said...

ALWAYS great to hear from you!

Tonya said...

Oh my! I hadn't seen that email before. How moving! It really makes you think.

Amber said...

Very nice.
We should all print it out then post it where we can read it daily!!
Amber

More Than Words said...

Wow!! What a wonderful, convicting post!

Thank you for sharing this because I really needed to read this now!!

Deborah Ann said...

Ahhhh! That is the most profound story I have ever heard! I'm going to carry this with me for the rest of my life. The next time I feel like complaining I'll remember that God is so good!

You're invited to join me:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

Just for some laughs...

MrsG182 said...

Before you try and spread "the word of god" to people like Mirne and Craig who just LOST THIER THIRD CHILD read a little more about them. And don't you dare criticize her for drinking wine and taking sleeping pills after her THIRD CHILD JUST DIED! You are whats wrong with religion these days and why so many people are turning away from it. You think you can tell some one going through a horrible situation LIKE THEIR THIRD CHILD DYING and say that "jesus and god" have a plan for them and they didn't pray enough. Take your prayers and shove them where the sun don't shine!

Tammy On the Go said...

this is a great post...

Jess said...

This really touched me today....sorry I haen't been by. For soem reason your posts haven't been showing up on my follower tab....

Hope all is well with you guys are your little one on the way...

Love, Jess

~Sandy said...

Awwwww...I love the little ticker:) It's so exciting!!! I can't believe you are already 11 weeks. How are you doing/feeling??? Anna is doing good. She goes for a sonogram tomorrow to see if baby is healthy. The other one was not a diagnostic one,it was just for fun and gender but the one tomorrow is to see if all is well. So please keep her and baby in your prayers. Have you had a sonogram yet???
Fill me in on your lil one.