Friday, August 27, 2010

It's All Around You If You Are Willing To Look!

I am a "word" kind of person. Don't know if this has a name or something but I've always loved words. I see a blank sheet of paper and I get happy cause you can do so much with it....write a letter, a poem, a song, a story, a prayer request, make a list, draw a picture...it's a way to let your imagination loose! Sometimes I find myself reading the dictionary..well...back when I had more time to spare lol. I wrote alot of poetry growing up and even tried to write songs. I loved English class in school (a subject my husband dislikes it very much) and when I come across a word I'm not familiar with...I rush to the dictionary to look it up. I would actually do this while studying since I am in the medical field and we can across alot of big words....I would get all A's in college and let me tell you...actually knowing what these words meant has alot to do with it. There are some words that just make me smile such as: Victory, Imagination, Perseverance, Purity. Maybe it has to do with their very positive meaning but I just love them! One of those words that make me smile is ENCOURAGEMENT! I've loved it since I first heard it. Actually the Lord revealed to me through a Bible study that I have the gift of encouragement which made alot of sense to me!

I looked it up on dictionary.com (here I go again rushing to a dictionary..except it's online now lol) and this is what it says:

praise, support, boost, lift, endorsement.

Encourage = to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence

Many times when I've felt a lil blue, I've asked the Lord for encouragement. He always finds a way to send it to me through His Word,my husband, my family, a friend, a picture, nature, a song, a letter, Facebook, an email, a text...some how He always rescues me and lifts my spirit up! The other day I was cooking and felt a lil overwhelmed mainly because I know I am doing my best to be a good daughter of the Lord, wife, a good mommy, a good daughter, a good sister, a good friend...but have kinda forgotten about myself. I think alot of moms can relate to me. I always knew that I never wanted to let myself go and that doing the things I love such as read, scrapbook, watch good movie, spend time with family and friends bring me joy but somehow I was beginning to feel as if there was a littler less of "me" each day. Satan always finds a way huh? BUT does He succeed? Well let me tell you that God quickly rushed in like He always has and ENCOURAGED ME.

I was in the kitchen making dinner for us. My husband asks me to bring him the sour cream so I decide to open the brand new sour cream for him and voila....check out what I see:



The sour cream my friend....yes the sour cream had this just for me. I wonder if God was hungry at the time lol. Incredible..who would have thought and in bright colors...He wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. But that's not all folks. After dinner I go back in the kitchen to get a paper towel to wipe the table and yet another message from the Lord.




(the second one is kinda blurry but it says: "there's a whole lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look")

He knew I would check out the butterflies! And they say there's no God:( He even knows what we're passionate about....I love butterflies! I am in awe my friends. The Lord is simply incredible and His love for us is real, genuine and everlasting. I am willing to say that He hurts when we hurt because I know He smiles when we smile! My goal is to make Him smile every day!

I want you to know that the Lord encourages us everyday in so many different ways...that is..if you're willing to look!

Sing for joy, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon His afflicted. Isaiah 49: 13

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Matthew 11: 28

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Sis, what a great post! What a wonderful reminder to see that God is in the littlest of things. I love that you always have your eyes peeled open to see what HE has before you. You are a great example.

I love you,
Veronica SIS