Friday, March 27, 2009

When I can't sleep at night.....


Last night I must have spent about two hours tossing and turning. Mission: figuring out why I couldn't sleep. Was it too cold, too hot, was I full, was I overwhelmed with my mental "to do" list, or was I simply not tired, not sleepy??? While all these possibilities ran through my head over and over I finally took a deep breath and said, "well I've heard that when you can't sleep it's because God wants to spend time with you, He wants to reveal something to you so ya know what....I'm gonna go for it..it's never failed in the past" As reastless as I was, I managed to grab my Bible and as I made my way towards the bathroom I began to feel refreshed as if God was showering me with alertness so I can fully comprehend what He's about to whisper to my heart. Huh.....God has a way with a restless heart!

I grabbed my Bible and first I felt the need to read from Psalms 119 but I felt adventurous so I turned to numbers 23, 123, 91..read them all and said, "uh huh pretty good stuff but I still don't see it". I then realized I that all along Psalm 119 was "the one" I needed to hear. God speaks to our hearts ladies and is very powerful and yes you can def. hear HIM!!! I would like to share with you the amazing things He so kindly brought to me. I hope this blesses you as much as it blessed me last night...well more like very early thins morning:D I will put in black what the verse says and in red what He revealed to me. As most of you know......this Psalm is the longest in the Bible it will be lengthy but worth the time reading. You might want to take it in a little bit at a time to really meditate on it. Fastened your seat bealts.......


PSALM 119
v. 2 Blessed are they who keep His statues (laws) and seek Him with all their heart - Are you seeking Him with you "whole" heart or are somewhat distracted by everything that going on around around you? Are you holding back areas of your life because you're afraid to let go?

v. 4 Ypu have laid down precepts that are to be "fully" obeyed - It's not a choice whether we follow God's laws....it's a command that every Christian should accomplish.


v. 7 I will praise You with an upright heart as I learn Your righteous laws - I looked up the word "upright" and this is what it means:
raised or directed vertically or upward or adhering to rectitude; righteous, honest, or just: an upright person. Are you striving to be honest and just as you serve God? Is there anything that is coming between you and God that needs to be brought before the Throne? God doesn't want to just be served, He wants to be served with an honest and just heart.

v. 11 I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You -
The word of God is powerful enough to keep you out of sin...that is...if you seek it, meditate on it and apply it.

v. 14 I rejoice in following your statues as one rejoices over great riches - Are you serving God with joy, with sincere smile?


v. 16 I delight in Your decrees, I will NOT neglect Your word - This one really spoke to me because a few hours before I had told myseld that I had "neglected my scrapbooking" WOW.....talk about perfect timing! I felt convicted because I was more concern about preserving earthly memories instead of building up eternal treasures. Not that scrapbooking is bad but when it comes to mind in such a strongly way not allowing me to realize that I've also neglected the Word then something has to change.

v. 18 Open my eyes that I may wonderful things in you law - God can reveal beautiful things to you, you just really have to focused your eyes on Him and be ready to listen. There is beautiful in God's word!

v. 19 I am a stranger on earth do not hide your commands from me - With everything that's going on on this world isn't it an amazing feeling to know that we are not of this world? We are only strangers..this is not our home. I don't know about you but this makes my heart smile knowing that one day I will go home!!!

v. 23 Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on Your decrees - While we're going through tribulations, trials, hardships...we are to be in the Word. We tend to call everyone else and tell them our problems before we go to God is we ever go to God. This verse shows that the only things that should matter in trials is not the trial itself but that our eyes are glued on God as we seek wisdom.


v. 28b My soul is weary with sorrow strengthen me according to your word - Claim the word of God when your prayer, He wants you to hear it from you. This not only shows God that we know His word but that we believe in it's power....that we have great faith!


v. 30 I have chosen the way of truth- We have a choice to make..the way of truth or the world. God is calling us to be proactive in our spiritual walk and be make bold decisions for Him every day, every where we go.



v. 37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things - As we mature we need in Christ the things of world should become more and more unattractive. They are only tempprary and we need to hunger for real joy!
v. 38 Fulfill your promise to your servant so that You may be feared - When God works in us, He is gloried. That is His purpose we are here to serve Him not to see what we get out of everything that comes our way. He honors humility!
v. 59 I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statues - We need to a spiritual inventory and evaluate our spiritual walk. This lets us know if we are on the right path or if we need to make adjustments in order to better serve Him.
v. 71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn Your decrees - God puts us thrugh the fire with a great purpose.....to make us stronger, more knowledgable of His word as in despiration we seek His face so that we can be trusted with even bigger tasks.
v. 72 The law from Your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold - God's Word should be of top priority. We should not put anything before it husbands, children,education, work, hobbies, interests. He should be our #1.
v. 92 If your law had not been my delight I would have prerished in my affliction - The Word of God is life and gives life! Imagine what would have happened with us without His wisdom....talk about bad decisions...no guidance?
v. 117 Uphold me and I will be delivered - I looked up the word "uphold" and this is what it means: to support or defend against opposition or criticism, to keep from sinking, to raise, to take care. This is what God wants to do for us always!
v. 133 Direct your footsteps according to Your word; let no sin rule over me - Don't become a prisoner or sin. You will become a prisoner to that which has your heart, thoughts and dictates you actions.
v. 150 - 151 Those who devise wicked schemes are near but they are far from Your law. Yet You are near oh Lord and all Your commands are true - Your enemies seem to be close BUT God is closer!!!
MAY MY LIPS OVERFLOW WITH PRAISE
MAY MY TONGUE SING OF YOUR WORD
*Hope it blesses you and inspires you to be more like Christ! God bless you:D


2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

AMAZING POST, SIS!!

I love reading Psalm 119, but I loved reading your perspective on it as well.

I also had a hard time sleeping and I knew it was because the Lord was urging me to pray for a friend. What sweet rewards we get with obedience.

xoxo, Veronica
p.s. I am so blessed with the sweetest and smartest SIL's!!!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I guess God has alot to tell me:D I had never read Psalm 119 with so much passion..it's was just amazing! It is evident that God honors obedience. Thanx for the sweet and smar comments:D

Love,
Susan@-}---