Monday, April 20, 2009
Let's Get Purse-onal!
"I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:14
At our Women's Retreat of which I will post about later on this week, our awesome speaker Chery Gregory shared something really neat with us that I thought would be a blessing to know while we try to have healthy relationships with family and friends. God created us all different so we can all bring something different to the table. Some time though, we fail to embraces those differences and seek to get our way. When Chery shared this with us, it answered alot of my "why's" and put things under perspective. She wanted to bring hope for our broken relationships so they woudl heal and be what God meant for them to be..empowering, uplifting, a blessing, a safe haven of love. I hope you enjoy this it's pretty neat and insightful..maybe just maybe, you'll know why your boss or neightbor does what she does! She also told us that God created us in a very unique way that we shouldn't have to be "somebody" to please someone in our life, we should be content and love the way God created us! What purse are you?
SANGUINE (POPULAR) - big pink tote bag
* Visible clues - Bright, stands out, colorful, doesn't like critism, not too practical, loves to talk, hugger, open book, loud, their mouth could get them in trouble, fear of blending in, cluttered live.
* Goal - Party, have fun, if they're not having fun they will creat it
* Needs - attention all the time, approval
* Bumper stickers - "are we having fun yet?" "how can I make this all about me?" "what will it take for you to like me?"
MELANCHOLY (PERFECT) - green small purse
* Visible clues - Organized, functional, practical, classic, colors are subdued, closed book, don't like to interrupt, body language is closed, quiet, don't want attention, neat and tidy
* Goal - achieve perfection
* Needs - Order, sensitibvity (remember everyone's birthday and expect everyone else to as well), wants a perfect world, breaks without order
* Bumper stickers - "if it's worth doinf, it's worth doing right" "love means never having to say I'm sorry"
CHOLERIC (POWERFUL) small black and pink purses
* Visible clues - to the point, bottomline, efficient, lots of energy, presence in body language, likes ot have control, function over fashion, doesn't wear flip flops, likes to look good, seldom get mistaken for conceited
* Goal - being in control
* Needs - achievement, appreciation
* Bumper stickers - "It's my way or the high way" "If I can't win I won't play" "a little gratitude goes a long way"
PHLEMATIC (PEACEFUL) blue and black purse
* Visible clues - simple, easy going, won't mind using paper plates, peaceful, well balanced, symmetrical, nothing sticks out, can addapt easily, like comfort, normally get citizenship awards at school
* Goal - peace, calm
* Needs - respect for who they are not for who you think they should be, self-worth, bepend on others to get feedback on what they're good at
* Bumper stickers - "Don't worry be happy" "R`E`S`P`E`C`T"
I was able to see which one best describes me even though I could fit two. Chery says that this is normal to fit more than one but that one will be more prominant. Are you able to pick out which one describes you??? I thought it was pretty neat and helpful. She even told us which ones her kids were and gave us pretty neat examples!
Posted by God, My Savior Forever! at 3:49 PM